All St Charles’ school staff members were delighted to “Welcome Back” students to face-to-face teaching after Covid-19 remote learning programs were phased out. Each student received a special “kit” with lovely items to help them transition back to their classrooms. The kits had:
- A coloured pencil to help you make each day bright and colourful.
- A balloon to help you reach for the sky.
- Glitter glue to remind you of your individual sparkle and to be persistent – Stick to it!
- A rubber band to remind you to be flexible.
- A smiley face sticker to help you keep smiling.
- A mentos to remind you that each day is a fresh start.
- A chocolate treat to take a break and enjoy.
- A candle to remind you that even when things are dark and difficult, there is light.
- A paper clip to help you hold it all together when times are tough.
Our school community embraced the remote learning opportunities with great enthusiasm and high levels of involvement.